Blog - Articles

Am I an employee or an independent contractor to care families?

Posted On :October 15, 2019 by Gravity Care


Independent Contractor РThe general rule is that an individual is an independent contractor if the payer (care family) has the right to control or direct only the result of the work and not what will be done and how it will be done. The earnings of a person who is working as an independent contractor are subject to Self-Employment Tax Рand at the onboarding of a caregiver Gravity Care facilitates services on behalf of families, and in turn, issues a 1099 Form for their tax purposes. Therefore, all independent contractors the families hire to fill out the W-9 Form.

Call Support